Five Things to Know Today, Jan. 27
A farewell reception for Dr. Paula Mullen, open office hours with Superintendent Landers, a performance in Wakefield by Theatre to Go, and more things to know today.
1. Bring your umbrella - According to the National Weather Service, there's an 100 percent chance of rain today, but it will be warm, with highs near 50 degrees.
2. Today in Wakefield Sports - Girls varsity basketball plays Reading at 5:30 p.m. @ Reading, Boys varsity basketball plays Reading at 7 p.m. @ Reading, and girls varsity gymnastics competes against Reading at 7:30 p.m. @ Reading.
3. Reception for Dr. Mullen - Longtime Galvin Middle School principal Dr. Paula Mullen is set to retire on January 31st, and the Galvin PTO is holding a special retirement reception for parents and alumni to honor her service to the town. Join in the celebration from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Paulson Library at GMS.
4. Meet with the superintendent - Superintendent Joan Landers will be holding open office hours today at the central office of the School Department (60 Farm Street) from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. No appointment is necessary.
5. What's up for the weekend: It's a weekend full of performances. On Friday at 7:30 p.m., check out 26.2 Scenes: An Improvised Marathon at Stoneham Theater, at 8 p.m. don't miss All in the Timing by David Ives at the Greenwood Union Church. On Saturday, there's an Winter-Spring Session Open House at 1 p.m. Miss Krystin's Dance Studio, and on Sunday there's an annual meeting of the Wakefield Repertory Theatre at 5:30 p.m. at the Wakefield/Lynnfield United Methodist Church
Did you know you can add your own events to our events calendar? Click here to add an event. You can also share your news with the rest of the community - photos, fundraisers, you name it. Click here to add an announcement.