Five Things to Know Today, Jan. 20
Senator Scott Brown stops by town, a fundraising event for Moulton Park, a musical shabbat, and more things to know today.
1. Sun - According to the National Weather Service, today will be sunny with a high near 34 degrees.
2. Today in Wakefield Sports - Girls gymnastics competes against Arlington at 4:30 p.m., girls varsity basketball competes against Stoneham at 5:30 p.m. at home, and boys varsity basketball plays Stoneham at 7 p.m. at home.
3. Legislators in town - Senator Scott Brown will be at Brother's Deli in Wakefield today at 12:30 p.m. to meet with constituents. State sentator Katherine Clark (D-Melrose) will be at the McCarthy Senior Center today from 9 to 10 a.m.
4. Blood drive: If you've got blood to spare, swing by the First Parish Congregational Church from 1 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. to donate blood to the American Red Cross. All donors wil receive a coupon for a free pound of Dunkin' Donuts coffee. To make an appointment to donate blood, call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or log on to redcrossblood.org.
5. What's up this weekend - As always, there's a ton of great events happening here in Wakefield or closeby this weekend. Tonight, check out a Comedy Night at Prince Pizzeria at 8 p.m. to raise money for a new Moulton Park Playground, or a A Musical Shabbat with Robin Greenstein and Mark Newton at 8 p.m. at Temple Emmanuel of Wakefield. On Saturday at 2 p.m., there's a Literary Tea event at the Beebe Memorial Library. For the full lineup this weekend, see our events calendar.
Did you know you can add your own events to our events calendar? Click here to add an event. You can also share your news with the rest of the community - photos, fundraisers, you name it. Click here to add an announcement.