Five Things to Know Today, Feb. 3
Preview the 2012 Super Bowl commercials, how to help out the Galvin Middle School Student Council, and more things to know today.
1. Sunny, but cold - According to the National Weather Service, today will be sunny, with a high near 36.
2. Today in Wakefield Sports - Girls varsity basketball plays Watertown at 5:30 p.m. at home, Boys varsity basketball plays Watertown at 7 p.m. at home.
3. Spare change needed- The Galvin Middle School Student Council is sponsoring its annual "Pennies for Patients Drive" to support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, and they are looking for local businesses to keep a collection box for a few weeks. If you would like to assist the Student Council, please contact Mr. Gorski (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Galvin Middle School.
4. SUPER BOWL - The Patriots have made it back to the Super Bowl again, their fifth visit in 11 years. So when's kickoff time? Watch them take on the New York Giants this Sunday at 6:30 p.m. on NBC. For a list of fun Super Bowl facts, see this article. To upload your own Patriots fan photos, see this article. For the best place to go out to watch the game in Wakefield, check the site later today. And for the non-football fans? Well, there's always the commercials.
5. What's up for the weekend - There are lots of great events happening right here in Wakefield this weekend. On Friday, see All in the Timing by David Ives at Theatre To Go at Greenwood Union Church (4 Oak St) at 8 p.m., on Saturday, Silver Clay Gifts is opening at 10 a.m. at 39 Albion St, also at 10 a.m., the Friends of the Fells Middlesex Reservation will be hiking the Southern Fells, and on Sunday there's a "How Can I Help" Workshop, 8-Week Session on Service at Unitarian Universalist Church of Wakefield, (326 Main St.) at 7 p.m.
Did you know you can add your own events to our events calendar? Click here to add an event. You can also share your news with the rest of the community - photos, fundraisers, you name it. Click here to add an announcement.