Five Things to Know Today, Feb. 23
Want to know what's going on in Wakefield today? Here's a quick summary.
1. Enjoy the sun while you can - According to the National Weather Service, it looks like we'll see a high temperature of 33 degrees, and lots of sunshine. Unfortunately, the weather this week will take a turn for the worse later on, with rain, wind and snow, so relish the "good" weather while you can.
2. What are your favorite Wakefield boutiques? Each week, Wakefield Patch picks a category and asks you to submit what your favorite places, organizations, and businesses are in town. This week, it's boutiques: What are your favorite places to shop in town, and why? This is not a competition, per se - there won't be a #1, a #2, store selected, we're just looking to have readers share their comments about their favorite places and why. So what's yours?
3. MomTalk Wednesdays - It's Wednesday, which means today at 1 p.m., we'll have our mom's council weigh in on a topic. This week, the group debated the pros and cons of being a stay-at-home mom. What do you think? Check back at 1 p.m. to share your thoughts with other Wakefield parents.
4. The Super Bowl is usually a day of gluttony in America, but in Wakefield, the Interfaith Food Pantry organized a "Souper Bowl of Caring," which raised 1800 pounds of food. Read more about the drive here.
5. Get your sing on - What's better than belting out tunes when you're by yourself? Belting out tunes in front of a crowd of people you don't know, of course. Tonight from 8:30 - 11 p.m., try out karoke at the Lord Wakefield Hotel to get you through those midweek blues.
For more of what's going on in Wakefield today, check our events listings.