Five Things to Know Today, Feb. 13
Where to audition for a play, dine for the Boys and Girls Club, and more things to know today.
1. Sunny, but cool - According to the National Weather Service, today will sunny with a high near 32 degrees.
2. Today in Wakefield Sports - Boys varisty ice hockey plays Malden Catholic High School at 7:10 p.m. @ Malden Catholic.
3. Hit the stage - Theatre To Go, Inc. will be holding auditions for "The Importance of Being Ernest" by Oscar Wilde directed by Alex Lucchesi this week. Auditions for this play will be held tonight at 7 p.m. and Wednesday, February 15 at 7 p.m. There will be callbacks Thursday at 7 p.m. if needed. All auditions will be held at the Greenwood Union Church, corner of Oak & Main Streets. See here for more information.
4. Boys and Girls Club Night at Dockside - Don't forget, every Monday night, dine at the Dockside Restaurant, 1099 Main St., Wakefield, from 5-10 p.m., and the restaurant will donate 10 percent of sales to the Boys & Girls Club of Stoneham, Wakefield Club. You can either dine in the restaurant or order takeout. The fundraiser will be held through March 26 excluding Feb. 27. Visit www.bgcstoneham.org/wakefield for more details.
5. Get the news delivered to you - Did you know we have a daily e-mail newsletter that you can sign up for to receive the headlines in your inbox every morning? It's even easier than brushing your teeth, although we don't suggest it as a replacement. To sign up for the Wakefield Patch newsletter to receive a roundup of news, events and deals in your inbox every morning, click here.
Did you know you can add your own events to our events calendar? Click here to add an event. You can also share your news with the rest of the community - photos, fundraisers, you name it. Click here to add an announcement.