Five Things to Know Today, Dec. 2
Wakefield's tree lighting ceremony is tonight, the Wakefield Repertory Theater puts on a Broadway cabaret show, there's a lot of great events all happening this weekend, and more things to know today.
1. Sun and maybe rain - There's 20 percent chance of showers after 4 p.m., but otherwise, it should be sunny, with a high near 50 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Super Bowl - Saturday's Super Bowl game versus Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School: 3 p.m., at Manning Field in Lynn, MA. Tickets will be sold at the gate only, and cost $7 for students and $10 for adults. If you can't make the game, Wakefield Patch will once again be live-blogging all the action straight from Manning Field! Follow along on your computer or on your phone for live updates.
3. Tree lights - Catch Wakefield's annual ceremony and lighting of the holiday season lights tonight at 6:30 p.m., put on by the Wakefield Community Neighborhood Association. The evening includes hot chocolate, choir singing, and a visit from a certain snowman. The ceremony will be held at the Upper Common, which is the side near Church and Common Streets.
4. A Broadway Cabaret - This weekend, Wakefield Repertory Theater will be presenting “Winter on Broadway”, a cabaret show featuring 40 songs from a variety of hit shows, including Hairspray, Oliver, Annie and You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown. The show is a fundraiser to specifically help defray the cost of adding comfortable folding chairs to the group’s performance space. Wakefield residents Emily Cierpial, Kelly Cryan, Hannah DiTonno, Emily Mayne, Katie Murphy, Nathan Prosperi, Samantha Prosperi and Maggie Tryder will all be performing. Performances will be held tonight at Saturday night at 8 p.m. and December 4 at 3 p.m. at Wakefield-Lynnfield United Methodist Church, 273 Vernon Street, Wakefield, MA. Tickets are $20 each and include a light snack. Tickets can be ordered by calling 781-245-1173 or online at www.wakefieldrep.org.
5. Upcoming events this weekend - How can you possibly choose between all the events happening this weekend? On Saturday, there's the "Winter on Broadway" Show, the UU Church of Wakefield - Holiday Craft Fair, the PAWS Share the Love Campaign, the The Third Annual Wakefield Holiday Stroll, and the Super Bowl, and on Sunday, the 'Do Salon "Cuts For A Cause", and an Open House at St. Joseph School. More events listings are in our events calendar!
Did you know you can add your own events to our events calendar? Click here to add an event. You can also share your news with the rest of the community - photos, fundraisers, you name it. Click here to add an announcement.