Five Things to Know Today, August 4
Where to take a free practice SAT exam, where to see a play by the Wakefield Repertory Theater and more things to know today.
1. A nice day, so let's be mean about it - Today will be 74 degrees and sunny. Welcome to what it's like in southern California, every day. Those jerks.
2. Practice SAT exam - If you've got a college-bound high schooler at home, put him or her to the test today with a free mock SAT exam today at WHS at 10 a.m. The exam is offered by two Wakefield alumni currently working for Revolution Prep's IvyInsiders Program, which you can read more about here. Practice makes perfect!
3. Free spinning class - Head over to Pumps Real Fitness for Women on your lunch break today for a free spinning class! The gym is offering the class up for free while space is available, so reserve your spot asap.
4. Public office hours - Town Administrator Stephen Maio will be holding open office hours today from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Wakefield Town Hall.
5. Opening night - The Wakefield Repertory Theatre presents Disney's My Son Pinocchio, a new twist on the family favorite, tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Melrose Veteran's Memorial Middle School. If you can't make it tonight, it's also showing on August 5 and 6th at 7:30 p.m., and August 6th at 1 p.m. For more information and ticket sales, click here.