Five Things to Know Today, August 23
The School Committee will get an update on the Galvin Project tonight, Lynnfield talks bike trails with Wakefield, and more things to know today.
1. Nice and sunny - Today will be mostly sunny with a high near 79, according to the National Weather Service.
2. School update - The Wakefield School Committee meets tonight, at 7 p.m. at WCAT. On the agenda is an update on the Galvin School project, an introduction of new teaching staff, an introduction of Food Service Director Damon Mayers, updates on home school requests, enrollment, and summer projects, and a vote on the IT/School Department Memorandum of Understanding, among other items. See the full agenda here.
3. Today at the library - you can hear librarian Jeff Klapes, Beebe's own "Traveling Librarian," give a photographic lecture about Norway. The event runs from 6 - 8 p.m. at the Lucius Beebe Memorial Library.
4. Lynnfield talks bike trails - At last week's Lynnfield Board of Selectmen meeting, Lynnfield's town administrator William Gustus reported that the Lynnfield has received a $500,000 state grant to develop a bike trail design, and he's been working with Wakefield for a potential design. A contract for design of the trail is expected in the next month.
5. Post your yard sales! If you're holding a yard sale this weekend, take advantage of our yard sale listings to let everyone know about it. You can either leave a comment on the article, or fill in an event listing using this form.