Five Things to Know About Monday's Town Meeting
Five things worth knowing about the Monday, May 14th, 2012 Town Meeting.
- Town Meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. in the Galvin Middle School auditorium, 525 Main St. The meeting generally ends around 10:30 p.m. If the meeting goes later than 10:30 p.m., it will be continued to Thursday, May 17, same time, same place.
- There are 31 warrant articles up for discussion this time around. If you haven't been following along, see this complete preview for further coverage, or check out just the main issues: The Galvin Middle School, repairs to Wakefield High School's athletic fields and facilities, whether to approve a new educational incentive plan for the Wakefield Police Department, whether to buy a new ladder truck for the Wakefield Fire Department, whether to allow bed and breakfasts, and whether to allow sidewalk cafes in town.
- Anyone who is a registered Wakefield voter can attend, and vote. All articles involving finances need a two-thirds vote to pass.
- If you cannot attend, WCAT will be cable-casing the event live, with coverage starting at 7:30 p.m. on the government channel. WCAT will also be setting up a live feed into the cafeteria in the event overflow seating is necessary.
- What do you think will happen? Share your predictions with others in town.
Wakefield Patch will have coverage of the top stories on the site tonight, as well as the next morning.