It's so hard to find that perfect Valentine's Day gift. Not only are you expected to find something your sweetheart will like, but you're also supposed to express the deepest extent of your true feelings - all in one fell swoop. So this week, we asked Wakefield Patch readers about their favorite places in town to find that perfect Valentine's Day gift. Without further ado, here's what was picked:
- Avon Beauty Center - A staple on Main Street in Wakefield, the Avon Beauty Center not only sells Avon products and makeup, but you can find lovely gifts there, too. "If you want something a little different, the Avon Beauty Center has candles with heart-shaped gels that glow when lit, also have bar soaps with lips with a champagne and strawberry fragrance and a fondue set for dipping strawberries in chocolate," said owner Diana Ardagna Cavanaugh.
- Linden Tree Coffee House - If you're looking for more of an experience with a loved one over a phyiscal gift, the Linden Tree Coffeehouse, at the Unitarian Universalist Church (326 Main St.) has a full lineup of shows from February through May. "Look on the Linden Tree Coffeehouse website and contact information to get gift certificates for any of our upcoming acoustic music concerts," said Liz Freeman, who volunteers with the coffee house.
- Tootsie's Coffee Corner - If a sweet treat is what you have in mind, think about swinging by Tootsie's Coffee Corner. "Just went by Tootsie's. they have chocolate covered oreos, truffles and sugar cookies. What could possibly be better than that?" commented a reader who goes by Jumbo.
- Silver Clay Gifts - This shop which just reopened last Saturday in Wakefield, specializes in jewelry and fun accessories. "Marcia Boston, the owner, has a fabulous selection of jewelry, scarves, handbags, and gifts both whimsical and elegant! Well worth a visit, and only a short walk up from Main Street!" said reader Judy Hartman.
- Mirrored Image Hair Design - If you're looking to treat your speical someone to a day of beauty, check out this salon on Salem Street, which sells gift certificates for a variety of beauty services. "Mirrored Image Hair Design sells great hair care products, and gift certificates," commented Helen.