Fire Log: Cigarette Lights Couch Fire on Crescent St.
A list of the calls to which the Wakefield Fire Department responded during the period of Tuesday, Dec 27, 2011, to to Monday, Jan. 2, 2012.
Fire Log for Tuesday, Dec. 27 to Monday, Jan. 2, 2012:
Total calls for service: 68
On January 1 at 3:47 a.m., the Wakefield Fire Department responded to 15 Crescent Street for a call of a couch fire. When the Fire Department arrived, they found cut up couch cushions sitting outside. The resident told fire fighters he had fallen asleep while smoking a cigarette and woke up to find there was smoke coming from the couch. The man said he panicked, extinguished the fire himself with cups of water, then took the cushions outside and cut them up prior to calling for help. He was checked out by EMTs and had no injuries. Captain Paul Pronco and four Wakefield firefighters responded.
Fire incidents by the numbers:
|Motor Vehicle Accident||4|
|Faulty Washing Machine
|Steam for Smoke
|Odor of Natural Gas||1|