Fire Log: Carbon Monoxide Scare on Park Street
A list of calls the Wakefield Fire Department responded to from Monday, April 30, to Sunday, May 6, 2012.
Fire Log for Monday, April 30 to Sunday, May 6, 2012:
Total calls for service: 63
Fire incidents: The Wakefield Fire Department responded to one side of a duplex family home on Park Street on May 3rd for a carbon monoxide scare. Firefighters arrived around 1:30 p.m. and detected elevated carbon monoxide levels throughout the house, with the highest reading at 30 parts per million on the second floor. After an investigation, the Fire Department determined the cause of the fire was a malfunctioning gas stove. The occupants were advised to get the stove repaired as soon as possible. The Wakefield Municipal Gas and Light Department also checked the home and determined the stove to be the cause. Firefighters also advised the family to replace their carbon monoxide detector, which was ten years old.
Fire incidents by the numbers:
|Motor Vehicle Accident||5|
|Alarm System Malfunction||6|