5 Things: Walk to School Day, Walton Recycling Fundraiser, WHS Concert
Five things worth knowing today, Wednesday May 2, in Wakefield, MA.
1. Sun stays away - Today will be cloudy and around 55 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Today in Wakefield sports - Boys varsity tennis plays Wilmington at 3:30 p.m. at home, girls varsity tennis plays Wilmington at 3:30 p.m. @ Wilmington, and boys varsity baseball and girls varsity softball play Lexington at 3:45 p.m. at home.
3. Ditch the car - The Dolbeare Elementary School will be celebrating Massachusetts Walk and Bike to School Day today. It's simple - parents, children, and school officials should leave the car at home and use their own two legs to get to school today. Find out more about Wakefield's participation in the yearly program here.
4. Walton Recycles - The Walton Elementary School is holding a Spring Recycling Drive today from 9 to 4 p.m. Spare the landfills and recycle your unwanted electronics and soft goods for a good cause. Bring any "soft goods" (gently used clothing, stuffed animals, soft toys, shoes, belts,handbags, curtains, bedding, etc) to the school between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. and bring any "white goods" (air conditioners, dehumidifiers, washing machines, dryers, stoves, refrigerators, etc) for a fee of $5 each between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. See here for a full list of acceptable materials.
5. WHS Concert - Join the WHS Band and Orchestra for their spring concert, held tonight at 7 p.m. at the Galvin Middle School auditorium. The concert is free and open to all.
5 things you can do everyday: