5 Things to Know Today, July 6
Want to know what's going on in Wakefield today? Here's a quick summary.
- Its going to be hot: expect highs in the low '90s with little cloud cover and very weak winds.
- Take a run around the lake: Burn off some of those hotdogs you ate on the 4th with a fun run around lake Quannapowitt. It costs $2, at starts at 6:45pm at the The Lord Wakefield Hotel.
- Take the kids to the library: They have more than books at the Lucius Beebe Memorial Library. If your kids are in grades 1-4, check out Curious Creatures, when the library shows off live animal demonstrations.
- Did you miss the 4th of July Parade? Check out a fabulous photo gallery of the festivities here.
- Give yourself a pat on the back: Usually there are a slew of holiday related fires and emergencies on the 4th of July, but this year was quiet and without major incident.