5 Things: Super Moon Pics, Registrations for Summer Activities
Five things worth knowing today, Monday May 7, 2012, in Wakefield, MA.
1. Sunny - Today will be nice and sunny with highs around 67 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Today in Wakefield sports - Boys varsity tennis plays Lexington at 3:30 p.m. @ Lexington, girls varsity tennis plays Lexington at 3:30 p.m. at home, boys varsity baseball plays Woburn at 3:45 p.m. at home, girls varsity lacrosse plays Tewksbury at 3:45 p.m. @ Tewksbury, and girls varsity softball plays Woburn at 6 p.m. at home.
3. Registrations open for classes - Two more programs have announced their registrations are open for summer sessions: Yoga4U, a six-week Vinyasa Flow yoga class at the Unitarian Universalist Church in Wakefield, and the Eastern Basketball Summer League at Northeast Metro Tech in Wakefied. Click on each to find out more. If you're a business holding open registrations, click here to add an annoucement.
4. Galvin Fundraiser - Silver Clay Gifts is running a special Mother’s Day promotion week for Galvinize Wakefield from May 5 – May 12, 2012. Buy anything and 15% of sales will go towards Galvinize Wakefield to help offset funding of the community group's promotional materials. See here for more information.
5. Super Moon - Did you snap a good shot of the moon on Saturday night? Add it to our community photo gallery! We're also looking for any photos you've taken of wildlife here in Wakefield for a future photo gallery.
5 things you can do everyday: