5 Things: Spring Vacation Carnival, Marathon Results
Five things worth knowing today, April 16, in Wakefield, MA.
1. Another hot day - Today will be sunny with a high near 78 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Today in Wakefield sports - Girls varsity lacross plays Burlington at 10 a.m. at home, and boys varsity lacross plays Burlington at 12 p.m. at Burlington.
3. April Vacation Carnival - The annual April vacation carnival, brought to you by the Wakefield 4th of July Committee, has set up shop in the Galvin Middle School parking lot. The carnival will be open daily until 10 p.m. through Saturday, April 21. The carnival is a fundraiser for the annual 4th of July parade in Wakefield.
4. Marathon results - They worked hard for months before going the distance for their causes. See how the individual runners from Boston finished up the 2012 Boston Marathon here. Congrats to Michael Mondello for being the first male finisher from Wakefield with a time of 03:55:37 and Suzanne Capella for being the first female finisher from Wakefield with a time of 04:15:14.
5. Vacation ideas - If you're looking for fun stuff to do with the kids during April vacation week (that doesn't involve a family trip to somewhere other than Wakefield) check out our events calendar for listings of all the fun stuff going on in town this week. There's a Vacation Mini Camp at Miss Krystn's Dance Studio, and a Girl Scout's April Vacation Camp in Andover, among other opportunities.
Did you know you can add your own events to our events calendar? Click here to add an event. You can also share your news with the rest of the community - photos, fundraisers, you name it. Click here to add an announcement.