5 Things: Last Chance to Vote for Your Favorite Sandwich Place, Youth Dance Tonight
The top five things worth knowing today, March 2, 2012, in Wakefield, MA.
1. The sun returns - According to the National Weather Service, today will be partly sunny and 36 degrees.
2. Today in Wakefield Sports - There's a Wakefield High School dodgeball tournament today at the high school. Fun!
3. Last chance to vote! - It's the end of the week, and the end of the "Best of" competition for your favorite sandwich place in town. You have until 9 a.m. today to vote for your favorite sandwich place before the poll closes. The winner will be announced today at noon on the website, so check back this afternoon for an article on the winner.
4. Youth Dance - Send your 5-8th grade students over to the Americal Civic Center tonight from 7-10 p.m. for a Wakefield-only student dance. Students from other towns will not be allowed into the dance unless they attend Saint Josephs. Tickets cost $7 each. The organizer, Janine Cook, is still looking for chaperones for the dance. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
5. Happening this weekend - There are lots of great events happening in Wakefield this weekend. Tonight, there's a Youth Dance at Civic Center at 7 p.m., and 'Romeo and Juliet' at Stoneham Theatre at 8 p.m. On Saturday there's the Cub Scout Pack 722 Pinewood Derby Race at 9 a.m., or Open House - Kumon and Reading is Fundamental (Kindle Raffle) at 10 a.m., and on Sunday there's a "How Can I Help" Workshop on Service at 7 p.m.