5 Things: Last Chance to Register to Vote, Parent Orientation for Incoming 5th Graders
Five things worth knowing today, April 4, 2012, in Wakefield, MA.
1. A nice day - Today will be will be sunny with a high near 60 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Today in Wakefield sports - Girls varsity softball plays Seekonk at 4 p.m. @ Seekonk.
3. Last chance - Don't forget, today is the last day to register to vote in the April 24 town elections. The Town Clerk's office will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. today to help accomodate voters.
4. Galvin parent orientation - If you're the parent of a current 4th grader, there will be an orientation meeting for parents tonight at 6 p.m. at the Galvin Middle School auditorium. At the meeting, teachers and administrators will review the 5th grade program at GMS and parents will have time to ask questions. There will also be tours of the GMS building available. The Galvin PTO also invites parents to join them for their April 4th PTO meeting, which will be held immediately following the orientation meeting. See here for more information.
5. Unique program - Head to the Beebe Library tonight at 6:30 p.m. for a musical and multimedia program about food and its relation to cultural identity. Sabor y Memoria (Flavor and Memory) features songs, visuals, and Latin-American American themed food provided by Whole Foods. Brian and Rosi Amador of the group Sol y Canto and photographer Jon Chomitz will explore the way music and food trigger our memories, express our roots and tie us to our origins. To reserve seats, sign up at the Reference Desk, phone 781-246-6334, x2 or email email@example.com.
Did you know you can add your own events to our events calendar? Click here to add an event. You can also share your news with the rest of the community - photos, fundraisers, you name it. Click here to add an announcement.