5 Things: Free Outdoor Jazz, Wakefield Soccer Pride Day
Five things worth knowing today, Thursday, May 3, 2012, in Wakefield, MA.
1. Sun stays away - Today will be cloudy and around 54 degrees, with a 30 percent chance of rain, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Today in Wakefield sports - Boys varsity track takes on Wilmington at 3:30 p.m. at home, girls varsity track competes against Wilmington at 3:30 p.m. @ Wilmington, boys varsity baseball and girls varsity softball play Lexington at 3:45 p.m. at home, and girls varsity lacrosse plays Malden at 3:45 p.m. @ Malden.
3. Free Jazz on the Beebe Library plaza - Beginning today and continuing through September 20, Plaza Jazz will feature free concerts on two Thursday nights a month from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Beebe Library. The concerts will be performed by students and alumni from Boston’s Berklee College of Music who have been part of Berklee’s independent label Jazz Revelation Records. The series will feature a mix of styles and an international flavor with musicians that hail from Israel, Greece, India, Brazil, Turkey, Spain, South Africa and the United States. The first act, up today, is the Arvis Valeris Quartet (Greece). Stop by and check it out!
4. Registrations open - Registration for summer and fall classes have already begun - make sure your child doesn't get left out. Click here to find out more about summer dance camps at the Dance Studio of Wakefield, or fall youth soccer registration through the Wakefield Soccer Association. If your business or organization has opened up registration for a summer or fall program, list it in our announcements section here.
5. Wakefield Soccer Pride Day - Speaking of the Wakefield Soccer Association, the organization is holding a “Wakefield Soccer Association Pride Day” today. All travel and intramural soccer players should wear their team's jersey to school tomorrow. Teacers and coaches should also show their support. See here for more details.
5 things you can do everyday: