5 Things: Landers Still a Finalist in Other School District, a KinderCare Open House
Five things worth knowing today, April 18, 2012, in Wakefield, MA.
1. Less heat, same sun - Today will be sunny with a high near 60 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Today in Wakefield sports - Boys baseball plays Belmont at 10 a.m. at home, boys varsity tennis plays Arlington at 10 a.m. @ Arlington, girls varsity tennis play Arlington at 10 a.m. at home, girls varsity lacrosse plays Watertown at 10 a.m. at home, and girls varsity softball plays Belmont at 4 p.m. at home.
3. April Vacation Carnival - The annual Wakefield Independence Day Spring Carnival will be open today from 2-10 p.m. in the Galvin Middle School Parking Lot (525 Main Street). Wristbands are available for purchase for 4 hours of unlimited rides. See here for more information.
4. Landers still a finalist - Wakefield Public Schools Superintendent Joan Landers is still a finalist for the North Middlesex Regional School District position. Last Thursday, the NMRSD School Committee narrowed the field down to three candidates: Landers, O'Shea, and Malkas. See here for more information.
5. Vacation ideas - KinderCare Learning Center of Wakefield will be hosting an open house event today from from 7 a.m. through 6 p.m. Bring the whole family to meet the teaching team, learn about their summer camp, take a tour of their program and visit our lake side outdoor play space. Call 781-246-4055 to make an appointment, or just stop by on your way around the lake. See here for more information.
Did you know you can add your own events to our events calendar? Click here to add an event. You can also share your news with the rest of the community - photos, fundraisers, you name it. Click here to add an announcement.