5 Things: Birds of Prey Show at Stone Zoo, Mother's Day Specials
Five things worth knowing today, Wednesday, May 9, 2012, in Wakefield, MA.
1. Warm and rainy - Today, we'll see showers and possibly a thunderstorm, with a high near 66 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. There's a 90 percent chance of rain.
2. Today in Wakefield sports - Boys varsity tennis plays Reading at 3:30 p.m. @ Reading, girls varsity tennis plays Reading at 3:30 p.m. at home, boys varsity baseball and girls varsity softball play Watertown at 3:45 p.m. at home.
3. Mother's Day Special - Mirrored Image Hair Design is offering a Mother's Day Special for new clients to receive 25% off hair services. The special runs from today through May 12th. See here for more information.
4. Incoming! - The birds are back at Stone Zoo! Starting on Monday, Masters of Flight: Birds of Prey, a show that features more than a dozen different bird species from around the world, re-opened for the summer. The show includes: a bald eagle, a bateleur eagle, an Egyptian vulture, a military macaw, a spectacled owl and a white-necked raven. Daily show times are 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. Read more here.
5. What's your prediction? - In case you missed it yesterday, we set up a poll to ask Wakefield residents not what they WANT to have happen at town meeting, but what they think will happen. What do you think? How many days will town meeting go? Which issues will pass, which will fail? Vote here.
5 things you can do everyday: